Frequently Asked Questions
- I understand and acknowledge that SUP activities are dangerous and that there are inherent risks which may result in serious injury to myself or my child or my pet. Additionally, water/waves/ocean can act in a sudden and unpredictable (changeable) way.
- I declare that I can swim 50 metres (160 feet).
- I declare that I do not have any medical or physical conditions that would affect my participation in the activity. (e.g. please advise instructor of asthma, previous broken bones, dislocated joints, diabetes, allergic reactions, wear contact lenses/hearing aids, any disabilities, etc.)
- I declare I do not have any COVID19 or flu symptoms and agree to abide by social distancing at all times.
- I agree not to drink alcohol or take prohibited drugs before or during SUP activities.
- I understand that my consent on this document constitutes a complete and unconditional release of all liability of the proprietors of AQUA TERRA PERFORMANCE LIMITED and its employees and agents to the greatest extent allowed by the law in the event of me and and/or the children under my care, suffering injury or death.
- I authorise AQUA TERRA PERFORMANCE LIMITED to arrange medical or hospital treatment as necessary and I agree to pay for all associated costs.
- I grant AQUA TERRA PERFORMANCE LIMITED, at no cost, the absolute right and permission in using their image, including video footage, for the sole purposes of advertising, promoting, reporting and disseminating information.
Races will be held on Margaux Beach, a five minute walk along the Ma Hang Park Promenade from Murray House.
We have four racing categories:
You can enter into as many as you like under the same registration- provided you meet the criteria for each category.
Competitors must be over 12 years of age.
Competitors must be over 12 years of age.
Parent and Child
One child and one parent per board.
Children must be at least 6 years of age.
Pa(w)rent and Pup
One dog and one human per board. Human will propel the board using paddle provided. Dog will enjoy his/herself.
We'll send through more information after registration, and we'll provide a race briefing, but the basic rules are:
- Arm yourself with your paddle (and maybe a lifejacket)
- Sprint from the start line on the beach to your board
- Put on your leg leash, and jump into the water with your board and paddle
- Race to the large floating buoy
- Turn around the buoy
- Return to shore
- Take off your leg leash, leave your board on the shore and run to the finish line!
This is not an exhaustive list, but we recommend the following:
- A good hat
- Clothes or swimsuit you don't mind getting wet
- A good sense of humour
Yes. We will provide lifejackets, and there are safety volunteers on hand. But we recommend that you can swim at least 50m (160ft).
No. We will have SUP boards, leg leashes, paddles, and lifejackets for you. Wearing lifejackets is optional for adults, but mandatory for children.
We are donating profits from our event to the Ocean Recovery Alliance. The Ocean Recovery Alliance is dedicated to finding solutions to plastic pollution:
Ocean Recovery Alliance is focused on entrepreneuring programs to reduce plastic pollution, both on land and water, by creating strategic solutions for governments, industry and communities which lead to long-term, hands-on business practices that engage. Our mission is achieved through purposefully designed programs to educate, build awareness and provide solutions which inspire positive societal change at the community, national and international levels.
Please visit their website for more information.
Yes. However, we will not be conducting a prize giving ceremony because of social distancing regulations. If you win a prize, we will send you details on how to collect or how to redeem your prize via phone or email.
We will cancel the event if we believe the conditions are not suitable or safe for racing. This includes T3, rainstorm and thunderstorm warnings, strong wind and heavy swell. We will do our best to make our call by 7am the morning of the race (if not before), and will inform competitors via email.
We will then either try to reschedule the event, or we will provide a full refund of your registration fee.